Going by the full list of Buhari’s appointment so far some people are beginning to feel uncomfortable because the complaint is that the appointments are seen to be lopsided and that so far it does not reflect true federalism and federal character.
It should go round, the government should be seen to be more nationalistic than sectionalised. “We have competent people in every part of Nigeria. For that reason, he (Buhari) should spread the appointments to every part of Nigeria says Alhaji Abubakar Tsav a retired police commissioner.
In the same vain, Alhaji Shettima said: “If he (Buhari) is looking for honest people, there are honest people in every part of Nigeria, just as we have dishonest people in every part.
“Most Nigerians voted for him, even those who did not vote for him are his subjects and he is bound to carry every one along.”
Below is the full list of Buhari’s appointments:
1. Aide de Camp to president: Lt. Col Abubakar Lawal, [Kano State, North-West and husband to President Buhari’s foster daughter].
2. Special Adviser, Media and Publicity to the president: Femi Adesina, [Osun State, South-West].
3. Senior Special Assistant, Media and Publicity: Garba Shehu, [Kano State, North-West].
4. State Chief of Protocol/Special Assistant (Presidential Matters): Lawal Abdullahi Kazaure, [Jigawa State, North-West].
5. Accountant General of the Federation: Ahmed Idris [Kano State, North-West].
6. National Security Adviser: Babagana Monguno [Borno State, North-East].
7. Chief of Defence Staff, Abayomi Olonishakin, [Ekiti State, South-West].
8. Chief of Army Staff: Tukur Buratai, [Borno State, North-East].
9. Chief of Naval Staff: Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas, [Cross Rivers, South-South].
10. Chief of Air Staff, Sadique Abubakar, [Bauchi State, North-East].
11. Chief of Defence Intelligence: Monday Riku Morgan [Benue State, North-Central].
12. Director General, State Security Services, SSS: Lawal Daura, [Katsina State, North-West].
13. Acting Chairperson, Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Amina Zakari, [Jigawa State, North-West].
14. Managing Director, Nigerian Ports Authority, NPA: Habibu Abdulahi [Kano State, North-West].
15. Special Adviser, Niger Delta Amnesty Office: Paul Boroh, [Bayelsa State, South-South]
16. Acting Director General, Nigerian Maritime Administration, Safety and Security Agency, NIMASA: Baba Haruna Jauro [Yobe State, North-East].
17. Executive Vice Chairman/ Chief Executive Officer, Nigerian Communications Commission: Umaru Dambatta [Kano State, North-West].
18. Executive Chairman, Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS: Babatunde Fowler, [Lagos State, South-West].
19. Director General, Budget Office of the Federation: Aliyu Gusau, [Zamfara State, North-West].
20. Group Managing Director, Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Emmanuel Kachikwu, [Delta State, South-South].
21. Secretary to Government of the Federation, Babachir David Lawal, [ Adamawa, North East]
22. Chief of Staff to the President: Abba Kyari, [Borno, North-East].
23. Comptroller-General, Nigerian Customs Service: Hameed Ibrahim Ali, [Kaduna State, North-Central].
24. Comptroller-General, Nigerian Immigration Service: Kure Martin Abeshi, [Nasarawa State, North-Central].
25. Senior Special Assistant on National Assembly Matters (Senate): Ita Enang, [Akwa Ibom State, South-South].
26. Senior Special Assistant on National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives): Suleiman Kawu, [Kano State, North-West].
27. Director, Department Of Petroleum Resources, DPR, Modecai Baba Ladan. [Kano, North West].
28. Managing Director, Asset Management Company of Nigeria, AMCON, Ahmed Lawan Kuru.
29. Commissioner for Insurance and Chief Executive of the National Insurance Commission, Mohammed Kari [North-West]
29. Executive Director AMCON: Kola Ayeye.
30. Executive Director, AMCON: Eberechukwu Uneze.
31. Executive Director, AMCON: Aminu Ismail.
32. Group Executive Director, NNPC, Maikanti Baru.
33. Group Executive Director, NNPC, Isiaka Abdulrazaq.
34. Group Executive Director, NNPC: Dennis Nnamdi Ajulu.
35. Group Executive Director, NNPC: Babatunde Victor Adeniran.